At the end of 2021, Qiuzhen College will coordinate the implementation of the “Yau Mathematical Sciences Talent Program” (hereinafter referred to as the YMST Program) and the “Yau Mathematical Talents Class”. In addition to the implementation of the Yau Mathematical Sciences Talent Program and the Yau Mathematical Talents Class, Qiuzhen College will start to recruit graduate students in 2022, relying on the supervisory team of the Yau Mathematical Sciences Center.
Qiuzhen College accepts bachelor degree and master degree holders to pursue doctoral degrees. All applicants must meet all the uniform requirements of the university, as well as the requirements of Qiuzhen College.
The uniform requirements of the university:
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport.
2. For master degree holders, applicants should have a Master's degree or an equivalent degree to a Master's degree (or above) in China. Doctoral degree programs are generally required to be completed in 3-4 years
3. For bachelor degree and master degree holders, or students who will graduate in 2023 (students who have yet to graduate must guarantee to obtain their Bachelor's degree before the registration date for Doctoral students). For students with a Bachelor's degree who move on directly to pursue a Doctoral degree program, the study period is normally 4-5 years. Two recommendation letters from scholars who hold the title of associate professor or higher. The letters must state that the Bachelor's degree holder has the learning and research ability to pursue a Doctoral degree directly.
4. In principle, the degree diploma awarded by overseas universities should be authenticated by Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange, Ministry of Education, P. R. China.
5. Applicants should be in good health and of good character (meet the physical examination requirements stipulated by the country and THU) be well-behaved and be willing to abide by China's laws and regulations, as well as Tsinghua's rules.
The requirements of Qiuzhen College:
1. Applicants of this department can be exempt from the HSK certificates, however, non-native English Speakers must meet the minimum English proficiency requirement: TOEFL: 80/IELTS:6.5 or some other relative language report with equal authenticity.
2. THREE recommendation letters from associate professors or professors with research experience.
3. Applicants should in good physical and mental health.
4. Applicants must abide by the Chinese laws and regulations, as well as University and College rules.
Note: The applicant shall carefully check whether he / she meets the application qualification and application requirements (including the application requireme
Applying-vetting. You need to submit your application documents online. Please check the website (https://yz.tsinghua.edu.cn/en/info/1035/1058.htm) and the official WeChat account of Qiuzhen College for more information.